Child care providers in Queensland – Legal Requirements
- March 11, 2016
- Posted by: mandy
- Category: Children Service
Legal requirements for child care providers in Queensland | Queensland Government
National Quality Framework
Nationally approved services are regulated under the NQF. The NQF includes:
- the Education and Care Services National Law (Queensland) Act 2011
- the Education and Care Services National Regulations (National Regulations) – which provide detailed requirements for services
- a National Quality Standard (NQS) – for assessing the quality of services such as long day care, family day care, outside school hours care, pre-Prep and kindergarten across Australia.
Read the requirements that you must meet in Queensland under the NQF.
Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA)
ACECQA is the national authority for early childhood education and care. They monitor the implementation of the NQF and the improvement in the quality of services across Australia. ACECQA also provide information sheets about the NQF.
Education and Care Services Act 2013
Some Queensland education and care services are not captured under the NQF.
The Education and Care Services Act 2013 (Qld) (PDF, 689KB) and the Education and Care Services Regulation 2013 (Qld) (PDF, 416KB) apply to these services.
Services must meet improved standards for educator qualifications, educator-to-child ratios, learning frameworks and staff first-aid qualifications. There are also standards that apply to buildings and requirements for physical environments such as outdoor play spaces.
You can read more about requirements under the legislation.
National Quality Framework (NQF) approved and regulated:
- long day care
- outside school hours care
- family day care.
Other services are approved and regulated under the Education and Care Services Act 2013 (Qld) (PDF, 689KB). These include:
- services funded by the Queensland Government to provide limited hours care
- occasional care
- budget-based funded services that do not receive the Australian Government Child Care Benefit
- early childhood education and care services that are also disability services funded under the Disability Services Act 2006 (Qld) (PDF, 1.1MB)
- stand-alone services regulated under the Education and Care Services Act.
Learn more about requirements for child care service providers under the Act.
visit https://www.business.qld.gov.au/industry/service-industries/child-care for more information